Job Title: Outside Property Claims Representative
||In Field – Houston, Texas
Handle 1st party personal property appraisals. Complete field inspection of losses with accurate scope of damages and the flexibility to adapt to our customer needs. You may be asked to participate and be deployed to a CAT site to assist our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle first-party Property claims of medium to high severity and complexity as assigned.
- Complete field inspection of losses including accurate scope of damages, photographs, and computer-assisted estimates.
- Investigate and evaluate all relevant facts to determine coverage, damages and liability of first-party property damage claims.
- Establish timely and accurate claim and expense reserves.
- Negotiate and convey claim settlements within authority limits.
- Meet all quality standards and expectations per Best Practices.
- Maintain an effective diary system and document claim file activities in accordance with established procedures.
- Handle files in compliance with state regulations where applicable.
- Provide excellent customer service to meet the needs of the insured.
- Recognize and refer the claims to subrogation and/or SIU timely.
Education and / or Experience:
- College Degree or equivalent business experience
- 5-7 years of progressive experience in the field adjusting residential and commercial property
- Must be able to work in a collaborative atmosphere
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must have ability to analyze facts and make decisions, self starter, and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Driving Record
Licenses and / or certifications:
- AIC and CPCU preferred
- FL 620 or Texas Adjuster license
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.