Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Sarasota, Florida
||Systems Support Manager
The Business Analyst position is responsible for ensuring the proper processes for discovery, prioritization, and decision-making are followed. This individual is responsible for planning solutions with the development of requirement specifications, coordinating software development and planning the release of these solutions in order to offer our business partners the best possible opportunity to succeed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities included, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as the liaison between the customer community (internal) and the software development team through which requirements flow. Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and developers to establish the business needs related to technical vision while analyzing tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, break down high-level information into details, and generate up from low-level information summary for a general understanding.
- Identify problem areas and recommend ways to revise and improve efficiencies and processes.
- Ensure the usability of the software solution by understanding the expected result of the application and interpreting this into a test strategy including design of the cases and conditions to be executed.
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of project managers.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related discipline.
- Prior experience in the insurance industry (preferably property and casualty).
- Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret business needs and translate them into requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group (executives, managers, and subject matter experts).
- Accurately prepare written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
- Appreciates each team member’s contributions and values each individual member.
- Proactively carries out project support /administrative functions.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines efficiently and with high quality.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt in a changing business environment maintaining a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 2003 and 2007 (Excel, Access, Word, Power Point).
Please email resumes to email@example.com.