Personal Lines Underwriter
||Sarasota, FL, Fort Worth, TX and Sacramento, CA
General Description: The Personal Lines Underwriter is responsible for reviewing, maintaining, and implementing underwriting philosophy, strategy and guidelines for personal lines of business for all states. The Personal Lines Underwriter is also responsible for handling underwriting edit referrals or other assigned risk reviews, including making and implementing underwriting decisions on new business, renewals and endorsements. As an Underwriting team member, will participate and collaborate in the management of territorial underwriting profitability as well as work with agency marketing on agency management and profitability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in agency management activities; including building, maintaining and managing producer and customer relationships.
- Make informed and appropriate underwriting decisions based on information provided by clients and other sources.
- Collaborating with underwriters, operations, claims, marketing.
- Consistently meeting service standards.
- Demonstrate technical expertise and product specific knowledge with experience handling homeowners and personal umbrella coverage.
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of internal and external business partners.
- Responsible for creating reports as needed.
- Ability to be creative and adaptable in a changing business environment.
- Sound, balanced, and timely decision making skills.
- Order and analyze investigation reports on present or potential insureds.
- Communicate with agents and other company personnel with regards to insureds, policies, coverages, etc. either by phone or written correspondence.
- Previous agency or company underwriting experience and appropriate insurance coursework is preferred.
- Handling underwriting edit referrals or other assigned risk reviews including making and implementing underwriting decisions on new business, renewals and endorsements.
- Responsible for providing phone coverage support as deemed necessary to meet client service levels.
- Some travel may be required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of prior industry experience to include advanced knowledge and understanding of personal lines products (Homeowners and Umbrella) processes and fundamental underwriting principals.
- Demonstrate ability to complete complex underwriting assignments.
- Must possess and exhibit strong and articulate verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office applications including Outlook, Word and Excel is required.
- Experience with MS Access and MS PowerPoint is preferred, but not required.
- Experience and knowledge of risk segmentation, financial analysis, insurance pricing, internet business channels, business planning and strategy.
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines efficiently and with high quality.
- Must have the ability to keyboard enter at a speed of not less than 45 WPM.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules to support multiple time zones.
- Must possess a positive attitude and strong work ethic.
Please email resumes to email@example.com.